Our Mission and Philosophy
South Florida Bible College & Theological Seminary is an institution of higher learning where the Bible is central in preparing men and women for ministry to serve Christ and His Church through Biblical thought and Christian life.
SFBC’s thirty-year vision has been to provide a quality Christian education under the Christian tenets provided by the Holy Bible. SFBC embraces opportunities that offer improvements to its programs, services, and institutional effectiveness. SFBC remains committed to the utilization of techniques, methodologies, and measurement systems designed to analyze strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement, and to implement appropriate processes to effect successful change based on sound formulaic results.
South Florida Bible College and Theological Seminary is committed to the ideals of Christian education: the development of the whole person (i.e., spirit, soul, and body). This requires knowledge of God’s Word, development of Christian character, specialized training for service, application of biblical principles, and the promotion of Christian love and unity. SFBC believes that God’s Word alone is sufficient to develop the whole person. All faculty members accept the Bible as the inerrant and final authority in life, faith, and practice.
SFBC believes it is essential to have doctrinal statements of faith that set forth the character of our institution with regard to theological distinctions. Applicants, students, and graduates are not required to sign or affirm SFBC’s statements of faith, but they are expected to be in essential agreement with them. SFBC is interdenominational in character and maintains a conservative evangelical theological position. SFBC recognizes the following doctrinal statement of faith:
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible reveals the mind of Christ, and is the inspired, infallible, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in the Triune God who is one in substance and three in person, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the reality of Satan and his present control over unregenerate man.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory as King of kings and Lord of Lords.
- We believe in the fall of man and his lost estate, which makes necessary a rebirth through confession of sin and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the reconciliation of man to God by the substitutionary death and shed blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the resurrection of believers unto everlasting life and the resurrection of unbelievers unto everlasting punishment.
- We believe in the ever-present ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Ex Nihilo creation of the universe.