Thank you for your service, we are proud to support you!
South Florida Bible College & Theological Seminary is proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education degree. Active Duty, Reservists, National Guard – all branches, Veterans, and military spouses have the opportunity to qualify for benefits. Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you.
Veteran Affairs & GI Bill ©
SFBC is approved to accept veteran’s benefits if you qualify.
For detailed information about VA Education Programs, please go to:
Please check out the VA Welcome Kit to see your benefits and your eligibility.
Please call us at (954) 637-2268 or Request Info HERE with your questions.
The Veteran’s Affairs office at SFBC is designed to act as a liaison between the student and Veteran’s Administration.
Although we are not employees of the Department of Veteran’s Affairs, we can still assist you with the following:
- Completion of Paperwork
- Certification of Attendance
- Educational Benefits
Veteran Education Benefits may be authorized for veterans and qualified dependents under specific chapters of Title 38, U.S. Code (USC). Each VA Education Program has distinct eligibility requirements. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs determines eligibility for VA Education Benefits. The Veterans Coordinator at South Florida Bible College & Theological Seminary cannot determine eligibility. Recipient can only receive one VA Federal Benefit at a time even if they are eligible for more than one VA Federal Benefit. Students who wish to apply for VA Federal Benefits can do so online at http://www.va.gov. If you have specific questions on any of the chapters or eligibility requirements, please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551.
Comparison Tool/Payment rates of GI Bill Benefits
Students must pre-register for classes before the VA Coordinator can submit application and certify enrollment to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Repeating a Course
The VA will not pay you to repeat a course(s) for which you have received a passing grade (D or higher), whether the course was taken at Texas A&M International University or at another college or university. They will pay you to repeat a course under the following two conditions:
*You received a grade of “F” in the course. The VA will pay for you to repeat that course if it is required for graduation.
* You received a grade of “D” in the course and your Texas A&M International University degree program requires at least a grade of “C”. It is your responsibility to notify your VA Coordinator if you are repeating a course under the above circumstances. If proper notification is not provided, an overpayment may occur and YOU will be held liable for repayment.
ALLOWING VETERANS TO ATTEND OR PARTICIPATE IN COURSES PENDING VA PAYMENT
Section 103 of Public Law (PL) 115-407, ‘Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018,’ amends Title 38 US Code 3679 by adding a new subsection (e) that requires disapproval of courses of education, beginning August 1, 2019, at any educational institution that does not have a policy in place that will allow an individual to attend or participate in a course of education, pending VA payment, providing the individual submits a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under Chapter 31 or 33.
Pending Payment Compliance
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679(e), Texas A&M International University adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from VA. Texas A&M International University will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
- Provide a written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
It is a violation of SFBC&TS policy and is strictly prohibited for any employee or agent of South Florida Bible College & Theological Seminary to:
(1) financially incentivize the securing of service member enrollment through commissions, bonuses, or any other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on enrolling service members;
(2) employ any type of high-pressure recruitment tactics in order to enroll service members.
Prospective students are directed to receive approval from their ESO, military counselor, or Service prior to enrollment.
SFBC offers a free evaluation of military training and experience for college credit. All credit granted for military training is given based on the American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines.
If you qualify for this benefit and would like to apply, please fax the request with a copy of the documentation listed below to 954.719.3780, the office of admissions.
- Service members – submit a copy of Military ID
- Veterans Documents for application:– Military ID– Certificate of Eligibility– DD214 (certificate of release or discharge)
- Military Spouses – Military ID or a copy of marriage certificate with spouse’s DD214
Financial Aid Shopping Sheet provided by the Department of Education describing to students the educational costs and the financial aid awarded to help you meet those costs for attending an institution.
SFBC&TS Tuition, Books & Expenses Navigator & Calculator (SFBC NCES College Navigator Tuition & Statistics)
College Cost Calculator
Financial Aid Information CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE for Net Price Calculator
CLICK HERE for SFBC NCES College Navigator Tuition & Statistics