South Florida Bible College believes that the primary responsibility for educational costs rests with the student and parents. The financial aid program at SFBC is designed to enable students to attend SFBC by helping to complement their families’ resources. Your financial aid package, based on the information provided by the family on the FAFSA, will be developed based on your eligibility and the funds available to award.
To visit our virtual financial aid office, click here.
We’re Here To Help
Please call us at (954) 637-2279 or Request Info.
South Florida Bible College & Theological Seminary Federal School Code: 032643
Financial aid consists of funding provided through federal and state agencies that students can use to help cover educational expenses. This funding includes, but is not limited to: grants, loans, and scholarships. In general, grants and scholarships are monies awarded to a student that do NOT have to be repaid, while loans are monies awarded to a student that have to be repaid at a later date. At present, federal funding is available for undergraduate students only. This is subject to change in the future.
Generally, financial aid packages are determined on the basis of need. The standardized need analysis that SFBC uses is the FAFSA which is produced by the U.S. Department of Education. Once a student’s need has been determined, a financial aid package will be assembled taking into account the student’s preferences. Typically, students will receive notification of their financial assistance by means of an award letter.
1. Receive acceptance and/or admittance to SFBC by the Admissions Office. 2. Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form at the Federal Student Aid website – //www.fafsa.ed.gov Fill out your FSA ID first, and then when doing your FAFSA, be sure to indicate on the form that you want your information sent to South Florida Bible College & Theological Seminary (Code #032643). AND, when you complete the FAFSA, it will give you an EFC number; make sure you record that number since you will need it for Step #3.
1. Complete a Financial Aid interview at the SFBC&TS Virtual Financial Aid Office website – //sfbc.vfao.com/default.aspx
2. IF you are taking out any student loans (not grants) you MUST do the following:
- Go to the website //studentloans.gov
- Sign in
- Click – “Complete Counseling”
- Click – “Start” – “Entrance Counseling”
- When finished at end Click – “Submit”
- You will be emailed that you have completed your entrance counseling. Please forward that email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
NOTE: Financial and educational costs are the primary responsibility of the student (and parents, if applicable). The financial aid program at SFBC is designed to enable undergraduate students’ access to various resources that can alleviate financial burden. Financial aid packages are constructed on a case-by-case basis. Each package is based on the individual’s information provided on the FAFSA form and in the Financial Aid interview.
|Federal Pel Grant||High Need on FAFSA||Varies||Varies|
|Federal Supplemental Educational|
|High Need on FAFSA||Varies||Varies|
|Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan||Students demonstrating need according to FAFSA||Up to $3500 as freshman;|
$4500 as sophomore;
$5500 as junior or senior
|UNsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan||Students who do not demonstrate need according to FAFSA||Same as above||Varies|
When comparing costs at different universities and schools, remember that schools will vary in their tuition and fees, housing, other institutional expenses, types of financial aid available, and amounts of such aid. Make sure that you compare the total cost of attendance, this will provide you with the proper information on which to base your college choice decision.
If you have questions about financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 1.954.637.2268 or email: email@example.com.
South Florida Bible College & Theological Seminary (SFBC) is approved for student loans through SLM Financial (a Sallie Mae Company). To apply, visit their web site by clicking here. SFBC’s School Code is 032643.
South Florida Bible College & Theological Seminary is proud of the courageous men and women who actively serve our country. Active Duty, Reservists, and National Guard all branches; Veterans, and military spouses have the opportunity to qualify for benefits. Our programs have been approved by The Bureau of State Approving for Veterans Training for benefits.
We offer a free evaluation of military training and experience for college credit. All credit granted for military training is given based on the American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines.
If you qualify for this benefit and would like to apply, please fax the request with a copy of the documentation listed below to , office of admissions.
Service members submit copy of Military ID
Veterans – copy of DD214
Military Spouses – Military ID or copy of marriage certificate with spouse’s DD214