Master of Arts (M.A.) in Pastoral Counseling
Ranked Top 10 In Affordability
100% Online – Accredited
36 Credit Hours – 1.5 Years (avg.)
No GRE required
Provide Biblical Guidance and Counsel by Earning a Master’s in Pastoral Counseling Degree Online
As a Christian counselor, you do more than just help people work through their problems – you help people recognize their spiritual needs and connect with God’s healing grace. Whether you need a Biblical counseling degree to further your current ministry or want to branch out into Christian counseling as your primary ministry role, our online M.A. in Pastoral Counseling will provide a flexible and affordable path to the skills and knowledge you need. SFBC’s online seminary, partnered with our School of Behavioral Sciences to develop an online master’s in pastoral counseling program that is both a study of human psychology and a Biblically-based ministry practice degree.
Through SFBC’s online pastoral counseling master’s degree, you will develop the Biblical counseling skills you need to address the relational, mental, and spiritual needs of suffering people in your community. You will further your career and your ministry by applying the skills you learn directly to helping people in your community grow and conquer their emotional and spiritual challenges so they can lead healthy, productive, and Christ-centered lives. As a pioneer of distance education since 1985 and a top-ten ranked Christian college for affordability, SFBC has the resources, reputation, and Biblical worldview you need to equip you for an effective and impactful Christian counseling ministry.
Potential Career Options with Your Degree in Pastoral Counseling
- Church Counselor
- Ministry Worker
What Will You Learn in Our Pastoral Counseling Degree?
- Human Growth and Development
- Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues in Counseling
- Psychotherapy and Substance Abuse
- Couples Counseling
Click here for full course breakdown.
Highlights of SFBC’s Online M.A. in Pastoral Counseling Degree
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe SFBC stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- By earning your master’s degree online from an accredited, nonprofit institution whose online programs are ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you can be confident your degree will be well-respected within your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs is ranked Top 10 in the country, with no out of state tuition. While many other colleges have raised tuition, SFBC has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit institution.
- Gain hands-on experience in your own community with the online M.A. in Pastoral Counseling program’s internship.
- You can complete our online master’s in pastoral counseling degree in as little as a year and a half.