A student who has not maintained satisfactory progress (Undergraduate – 2.0 GPA or better, Graduate – 3.0 GPA or better) at the end of any quarter will be placed on Academic Probation for the next quarter.  If the student has not attained satisfactory progress by the end of the probationary period, the student’s educational benefits will be terminated for unsatisfactory progress. Students who do not meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy are warned and placed on probation for one term.  Students who do not meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy may appeal to the financial aid committee to have their aid reinstated by submitting a Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form to the Office of Student Financial Aid along with supporting documentation of extenuating circumstance.  This must be submitted in writing or electronically.  This appeal must be completed within one week after the student has been denied Federal Assistance because of Standards of Progress violations.  Common circumstances reviewed include:

  • Death of a relative
  • Personal injury or illness
  • Physical disability
  • Academic Petitions Committee actions
  • Documentation that standards are now being met
  • Documentation to revise established timeframe
  • Other extraordinary circumstances

Notification of action taken by the Office of Student Financial Aid will be made by mail or by email within 20 days of the request. Financial aid will be awarded at the time of reinstatement provided funds are still available for the current academic year.  All costs of attendance incurred during the period of time in which a student is not receiving financial aid are the sole responsibility of the student.

A student who has been dismissed and returns to the school may not receive federal assistance until the student has re-establish satisfactory academic progress.  A reinstatement fee may apply. Students will be provided a written progress or grade report at the end of each quarter.  A copy of the report will be placed in the student’s permanent file maintained by the school.