Master of Arts in Biblical Studies Degree
Degree Prerequisite: Student should have completed 6 credits of Biblical Languages before admittance into this program.
Upon completion of the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies, the graduate should be able to:
- Interpret and analyze the history, content, and background of the Bible;
- Evaluate Christian doctrine and theology and articulate their ethical and theological system(s);
- Design and defend scholarly research papers;
- Apply Biblical hermeneutics to an advanced exegetical research project; and
- Demonstrate the importance of the Biblical worldview in Biblical Studies.
This program is designed to provide the student with an in-depth study of the Scriptures on a graduate level. Hermeneutical principles and theological studies will be taught and then applied to study of the Scriptures. This program consists of thirty-six credit hours of classroom, specific and/or independent studies. Students are expected to be involved in a ministry of a local church on a regular basis
Pre-requisite: one year of Biblical language or one year of language will be added to the program.
|NTS||5501||New Testament Survey||3 Credits|
|OTS||5501||Old Testament Survey||3 Credits|
|THE||5561||Systematic Theology I||3 Credits|
|THE||5562||Systematic Theology II||3 Credits|
|THE||5511||New Testament Theology||3 Credits|
|THE||6651||Biblical Hermeneutics||3 Credits|
|THE||5571||Christian Apologetics||3 Credits|
|NTS||5507||Wealth and Poverty in the Bible||3 Credits|
|HIS||5501||Church History I||3 Credits|
|CED||5612||Writing Research Papers Across the Curriculum||3 Credits|
|THE||6680||MA Seminar||3 Credits|
|Theology Elective||3 Credits|
|Total: 36 Credits|