Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
This program is not accepting new students effective January 2011.
The Doctor of Ministry program is designed for pastors, counselors, and related full time ministries. The Doctor of Ministry program is thirty credit hours. Pre-requisite: a master’s degree in Biblical Studies.
The Doctorate of Ministry is a professional degree designed to advance the general practice of ministry. Persons holding such a degree are an authority in their area of concentration. The work that will be done to satisfy the requirements for the degree must be original and of high quality.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge, theoretical clarity, and competence in ministry.
- Contribute to the knowledge and the practice of ministry by ministers and lay church leaders.
- Understand biblical and theological perspectives, research findings, and alternative models of effective ministry
- Thirty credit hours of directed and independent studies that include documented research and reading of 20,000 pages (i.e., a minimum bibliography of sixty books and journal articles).
- The dissertation must be typewritten, double spaced, and not less than 150 pages, covering a topic in the student’s field of study.